English breakfast with my tea bag left in to brew, with a splash of cold milk. That's how I like my tea.
So, when you're feeling frustrated with your skin - get thee to an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory tea! Whether it be English or not (Sigh!), we all need more antioxidants in our lives.
Who doesn't love glowing skin? It's arguably the best beauty reward there is. And you don't need to spend a lot and in fact, you can probably find everything you need right in your kitchen. Check out these three teas that are great for giving your skin a healthy glow.
Green Tea (Matcha)
1. Green tea contains an antioxidant, Epigallocatechin
2. Antioxidants fight free radicals and help to prevent acne
3. Drinking green tea can also help with weight loss because it is a natural appetite suppressant
4. There are many ways to enjoy green tea - you can drink it as iced or hot tea, mix it into your favourite foods like smoothies and desserts, or even try adding green tea extract supplements to your diet for extra benefits
5. Green Tea has been shown to be more effective than topical treatments alone at reducing the number of breakouts and inflammation on the skin caused by acne
1. chamomile tea can be used to make a soothing bath
2. it's good for sensitive skin because it has anti-inflammatory properties, which is perfect if you have eczema
3. drinking chamomile tea before bed helps promote relaxation and sleep by calming your nerves
4. the warm liquid also aids in digestion, which is important for healthy functioning of your body's systems
5. drink this herbal tea to help relieve tension headaches or migraines when they come on
6. add honey to the mix if you want an extra boost of flavour - plus, it'll help with any sore throat or coughs that may be lingering around
1 . Anti-ageing, it is packed full of anti-oxidants that can help reverse fine lines and wrinkles.
2. It supports your natural collagen production, helping you achieve smooth plump skin
3. It can help ease down inflammation from inside out
4. It can help with wound healing
5. Drinking hibiscus tea is a delish way to keep hydrated
Drinking teas is a great way of getting the extra hydration into our bodies. Other than teas being tasty and keeping us well hydrated, there is a super healing powers within them. For example, teas contain Polyphenols.
Teas that have Polyphenols are jam packed with antioxidants that are anti inflammatory and anti microbial. These Tea's are also great for the gut, so you can really start glowing from the inside and out!
Have you checked out the FREE Masterclass?
Click here to sign up and learn how the gut can affect our skin.